[p2pu-dev] wiki.p2pu.org - staying with current wiki for now

Philipp Schmidt phi.schmidt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:49:48 UTC 2011

I would like to put the wiki discussion on hold until we have migrated
our website to the new platform. I don't love the current wiki, but it
works for most people, and we don't have to worry about hosting
(updating the software, security issues, server downtime, etc.). Our
tech resources are committed to development of the new site (and the
maintenance of the drupal site) for the next while, and the wiki
discussion makes more sense to have when we can actually do something
about it.

Like many of us, I would also prefer to move to an open source wiki
(as long as it takes into account the usability needs of the
non-technical P2PU users, e.g. has an equally good WYSYWIG editor and
file upload/management capability as the current one). However, for
that to happen now, someone would need to commit to setting it up,
migrating content, and then maintaining the wiki (not just installing
it).

In the meantime, please add further comments on how to select the
right wiki here, so they don't get lost:

http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71983/tickets/2-p2pu-wiki#ticket-2-2