[p2pu-dev] Lernanta architecture

Dan Diebolt dandiebolt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:59:15 UTC 2011

P>On the other hand, I myself have some dreams about how Etherpad could be
pushed much further, as part of a social annotation suite (Gravpad).

This is incredibly crude, but I modified the Gravpad GreaseMonkey script to
use jQuery so that the etherpad loads and hangs off the 5% right hand side
of the screen. When you mouseover the etherpad it repositions to 95% of the
screen. Mouse out moves it back to the 5% dock position.

https://gist.github.com/868823

To use this script you have to have the GreaseMonkey FireFox add-on
installed - then just load the file DanGravPad.

The formatting is pretty hinkey and to get it to work smoothly you probably
need to reskin the
etherpad and not even use a <iframe> - just overlay and absolutely position
the etherpad and keep focus until edits are paused.

The example only works on http://p2pu.org/ and pulls jQuery like so:

// @require
http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.min.js
// @include       http://p2pu.org/

*IDEA:* I don't see why courses could not be created where the assignments
are to create tools like this. We have hundreds of learners and they are
working on silly foo, bar, baz examples of whatever technology they are
studying. Let's put them to work on the chain gang.