[p2pu-dev] P2PU Monthly update

Rebecca Kahn bekka.kahn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:43:54 UTC 2011

*Welcome to the P2PU (mostly) monthly update. This is our way of filling you
in on all the news about our site development, new study groups and courses,
and general P2PU news straight to your inbox. *

   - *We've moved!*
   The move to our wonderful new site p2pu.org took place last week, and it
   couldn't have been smoother. Many thanks and mad props to the wonderful dev
   team and everyone who gave their time and smarts to making this happen
   - If you have any questions about how to create, run, join or participate
   in a study group or course on the new site, check out our brilliant handbook
   and* Help Desk <http://p2pu.org/en/groups/p2pu-help-desk/>*

* *

*We're proud to be partnering with some great organisations to create
exciting and innovative courses – take a look at some of the new ones which
are open for signup:*

*With the Saylor Foundation:*

   -

   *Baroque Art History of Italy, Spain and the Netherlands*.
   This study group examines the history of Western art in Italy, Spain, and
   the Netherlands.  It represents the first two units of a course available at
   The Saylor Foundation <http://www.saylor.org/>. By the time you finish
   this course, you will be familiar with the most important art and artists of
   Western Baroque art.
   -

   *Microeconomics: An Introduction
   *Understand how people, businesses, governments and other organisations
   interact in markets via their consumption, production and financial
   behaviours and build a foundation in basic economics.  The open source
   material and study outline come from The Saylor
Foundation<http://www.saylor.org/courses/econ101/>,
   and we will cover Units 1-3 in this six week study group. Participants can
   expect to understand the material through readings, active asynchronous
   discussions and exercises.

*More new courses: *

There are some *great new topics* which are open for sign up:

   - *An Introduction to Data Wrangling: How to Get, Use and Share
Data<http://p2pu.org/en/groups/an-introduction-to-data-wrangling-working-with-data-101/>
   *
   - *Citizen Cyberscience Rocks - getting
involved!<http://p2pu.org/en/groups/citizen-cyberscience-rocks-getting-involved/>
   *
   - *Learning from the World in
Motion<http://p2pu.org/en/groups/how-do-we-learn-through-place/>
   *

*
Get Involved:* *
*

   - *Do you want to create a study group?*
   It's easy, just create a P2PU account and follow the
prompts<http://p2pu.org/en/groups/create/>
   .**
   - *Got a question about P2PU?
   *Have a look at our FAQ <http://qa.p2pu.org/>, if the answer is not
   there, just ask it!**
   - *Join the P2PU Discussion List
   *To participate in ongoing discussions about P2PU, sign up
here<https://groups.google.com/group/p2pu-community?hl=en>
   **
   - *Dying to just hack?
   *Have a look at the Contributing to
Lernanta<http://p2pu.org/en/groups/introduction-to-contributing-to-lernata/>group
on the beta site
   Submit a bug on the
tracker<http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002-lernanta>
   Contribute to the code at Github <https://github.com/p2pu/lernanta>
   - This (and all P2PU mailings) are licensed under CC
BY-SA<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>.
   Please feel free to translate it and share it with your friends!