[p2pu-dev] another argument for a "webmaster" group

Nadeem Shabir ns at talis.com
Fri Jun 3 13:38:52 UTC 2011

Philipp

On 3 June 2011 13:33, Philipp Schmidt <phi.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw a general mention about a flash course on the webcraft list, but
> believe that the main communication happened between Pippa and him off list.
> However, I am pretty sure that Pippa would have made it clear that while the
> course might not fit into School of Webcraft, it would be very welcome as a
> P2PU course. So, it's probably a matter of clarifying that - but would be
> useful if I (Alison, Pippa, Bekka, etc.) could do that on his course home
> page so that others don't get confused.

Thanks for the clarification, and yes it would be better if whoever had the
discussion with him could clarify that on the course homepage, a) to avoid
confusion and b) make it clear that we are not the "bad guys" in this.
Like you, my initial reaction to his comment, was that it didn't paint P2PU
in a very good light. So clarifying what happened, and making it clear that
whilst his course might not fit into the School of Webcraft it would be
welcome as a P2PU course should make it clear to anyone who reads those
comments that this was simply a misunderstanding.

- N

-- P