[p2pu-dev] Anything that I can help out on?

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 13:51:58 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 2:47 AM, John Britton <public at johndbritton.com> wrote:
> I think it would be wise for us to post the PSDs somewhere publicly.

+1

> I know it's harder to track changes if we use a wiki to upload.

The wiki has revisions
(http://wiki.p2pu.org/w/browse/#view=ViewFileRevision&param=studygroup.jpg)
but you only have the date (no text message to now what changed in
that revision). There is a chance that you will not be allowed to
upload big files too (there is not help text saying it but I have seen
maybe wiki/blogs/... doing that). Despite that it could be the
simplest solution.

> Is there somewhere
> we can keep a revision history of these files? Perhaps a new github repo? I
> have a feeling they'll start to take a lot of space though.
> Other suggestions?

Github will be ok except maybe for large binary files (we can try
though and see how it goes).

Another solution could be to setup something providing snapshots: [1]
points at two possible solutions: using rdiff-backup [2] or ZFS [3].

[1] http://serverfault.com/questions/71780/version-control-systems-geared-towards-multimedia-large-files
[2] http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/index.html
[3] http://zfs-fuse.net/

--