[p2pu-dev] quick question: how many of you have used LDAP before? (opinions about how to migrate users from the drupal site to lernanta)

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:21:11 UTC 2011

To make the change from Drupal to Lernanta we will need to migrate the
existing user accounts at p2pu.org. To facilitate this process we are
trying to decide between:

1) Moving existing Drupal user accounts into LDAP. If the users are in
LDAP it will be possible to authenticate using
http://packages.python.org/django-auth-ldap/ for Lernanta and
http://drupal.org/project/ldap_integration for the drupal site.

2) Use a custom django authentication backend in Lernanta (to
authenticate against the drupal site database) during the first steps
of the migration, and then move all the users from one database to the
other when we stop to use the drupal site.

Thoughts?

If you have used LDAP before, please share your experiences ;)

--
Thanks,
    Zuzel