[p2pu-dev] Fwd: [Website Error] Account bug?

Charles Tanton charles at parkroad.co.za
Fri Feb 4 18:51:50 UTC 2011

>We're on our way to degree mill status! :)
hilarious! P2PU FTW...

I had a look and found the problem - someone had added some default "empty
text" to the view that's used to display this, so if your "About me" profile
field was empty, it put in "ICT based education practitioner.E-learning
consultant and also computer science Msc student!" as the default text.

One theory on how this could have happened - users with admin rights to the
site, when hovering over that block would see an edit link, which when
clicked would take them to the view - they possibly thought it was where
they could edit their profile info and entered this text there.

I've removed this text, so it should be back to normal for everyone (except
for the person who's actual qualifications these were - they would have been
revoked ;-)).

The correct place to edit the "About me" text,  would be here:
http://p2pu.org/user/me/edit/profile