[p2pu-dev] Activity streams on new.p2pu.org

Pippa Buchanan Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:46:16 UTC 2011

I'd opt for a "don't follow this feed" option as default on any links shared
within Lernanta. By default, Batacuda automatically followed any RSS feeds
available on a page and that can be overwhelming.

>From the perspective of a School, i'd want to be able to choose to pull in
the Webcraft Planet and twitter / status.net streams with #webcraft

But there are loads of other pages that we could link to (eg. Drumbeat.org),
WaSP Curriculum, A List Apart) which shouldn't be adding feeds to the
activity stream. If we can turn off the subscription that would be
excellent.

On my profile page I'd potentially want my blog listed, but maybe only
specifically tagged posts to be part of the feed - I'm comfortable selecting
a tab specific feed but many users will probably not be technically
confident to do this. We need to make it as easy as possible for all users,
but how can we make Lernanta do that effectively?

P* (who'd secretly like a dog or chickens before she gets a cat, but will
willingly accept a stray)