[p2pu-dev] Spam policy for the new site.

Philipp Schmidt philipp at p2pu.org
Fri Apr 15 07:25:55 UTC 2011

On 15 April 2011 01:56, Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I previously privately identified to various staff that P2PU was exposing
> over 10,000 email addresses and the problem was discretely remedied by a
> contractor familiar with the codebase so I think I have quite the eye for
> security issues. I would be happy to identify additional holes but I don't
> want to deprioritize other issues that have more of a usability and feature
> impact - including support for <iframe>s.

I agree with Jessica. This thread is about SPAM policy for the new site. Not
iFrame support. Please use the existing lighthouse ticket to discuss iFrame
inclusion. As mentioned a few times already, we will get back to considering
iFrame inclusion when we have worked through the higher priority tickets.

On topic:

* Recaptcha is a good first step.
* We definitely want to prevent the use of automated scripts for sending
messages as much as that is possible.
* If we have an automatic spam trigger, I would prefer we do:
-- Block the user from sending more messages
-- Alert the user that the SPAM filter has been triggered, and in case that
is an error - here is how you unlock it again (unlock has to involve a
person, but should be relatively easy and quick to do)

Best - P