[p2pu-dev] github issue tracker

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Fri Apr 15 02:57:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Jessica Ledbetter <
jessica at jessicaledbetter.com> wrote:

> We can integrate github commits with Lighthouse too. I haven't yet but I
> was eyeballing it.

Stopped eyeballing and just went ahead and did it and here's my experience.
Not sure how much value it gives but if you close the ticket with code
commit, it might be of value because it saves a step.

What it looks like on lighthouse:
http://p2pu.lighthouseapp.com/projects/71002/tickets/69-add-gravatar-support

And how:

Set up the hook on lighthouse: profile>Create an API Token. I made one for
p2pu
Set up hook on github: https://github.com/jledbetter/lernanta/admin/hooks and
enter in the information for Lighthouse
Commit was "Gravatar support added [#69]" which has the ticket number in it.

I worked on a branch this time since I took a few days for the gravatar
stuff so there are extra merges here and there. But the ticket looks like it
was only updated when I said its number in brackets.

A little more on what could be done with it:
http://hoth.entp.com/2008/4/11/github-and-lighthouse-sitting-in-a-tree

Oh and in the above example, there's an interesting way to maybe do
priority? Tag with @high or such? I've been using your milestones to help
pick priority for me.

Jessica

--