[p2pu-dev] Idea: Intelligent study group momentum machine

James Tatum jtatum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:42:28 UTC 2011

What if the person who sets up the study group essentially configures
momentum into it? Thinking about these loosely bound ad-hoc study
groups, at some point someone has to say "study group formed!" and
fill out a form, right? So how about they essentially put in a very
brief, loose syllabus. Then, the software can keep the group moving on
autopilot. I watched a leader's time dry up in a P2PU course and it
was a bit like seeing the sails fall off a ship. People wanted to work
and were ready to help each other, but there was no plan for how to
move forward. If the system were saying, "and now this week the plan
is X" the course would have been even more successful. Pre-planning by
the instructor would have kept things moving, and some kind of
automation could certainly help.

There are a lot of ways that this could be done, and editing to
reflect a changing course direction should be possible as well. We can
feed in templates at the beginning to make setup really quick for the
organizer.