[p2pu-dev] Idea: Intelligent study group momentum machine

Stian Håklev shaklev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:42:10 UTC 2011

This would be pretty cool! There is a huge literature in the
computer-supported collaborative learning literature (my academic field) on
"scripting" - basically automated little prompts or interventions that can
help move a group collaboration forwards. I think a stand-up script, or a
"pre-packaged" course that has some automatic prompts built into it - once
you start "running it", every week it will prompt people to do something
etc, is a pretty cool idea! We hadn't planned to discuss scripting in the
CSCL course, but maybe we'll include it. (And there will be more courses
that are more specific, the literature is huge, and very relevant to
everything P2PU is doing!)

Stian