[p2pu-dev] Idea: Intelligent study group momentum machine

Pippa Buchanan Pippa.Buchanan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:09:01 UTC 2011

+1 Stian's idea about an intelligent way for study group momentum to be
built into the platform. It should be like UserVoice Course Suggestions, but
built into Lernanta. (it's a module which could also be useful for Batacuda
and drumbeat too). Uservoice obviously gathers interest but its hard to take
that interest automatically into p2pu.

How about something like this

Maria Von Trapp wants to learn: *Yodelling 101*, but is unsure about whether
people want to learn with her. (It's yodelling, so she may have a point)

"if 5 other people promise to join my study group for Yodelling 101 I'll
commit to creating it, finding the first resources and setting up a basic
task. I'd love some co-admins to help me out!"

Follow: *I want to hear about this study group when it is established.*
Participate: *I want to learn Yodelling 101 too!*
Participate and Help Establish: *I want to help develop this Yodelling 101
study group!* If 5 other people promise to  sign up for this study group I
commit to helping Maria Von Trapp establish it.
*
*Time passes...

5 people want to participate, 2 of them (Sally and Peter) wanted to help out
*

*Maria Von Trapp, Sally and Peter are emailed:
*
Hi *Maria Von Trapp*, it's P2PU here. 21 days ago you commited to setting up
a study group for Yodelling 101 if 5 other people promised to participate.
You're in luck!

Not only did 5 people sign-up, two other users wanted to help you establish
the Study Group.  Say hi to Sally and Peter now.

We've created the Yodelling 101 study group for you. Getting a study group
setup is as easy as Do, Re, Mi! You can find help here and can message your
co-admins here.

We're looking forward to hearing about your progress!

P2PU**

*
Inspiration: 43Things - Learn
Japanese<http://www.43things.com/people/progress/sexyponies/2332227>