[p2pu-dev] github issue tracker

zuzel.vp zuzel.vp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:59:35 UTC 2011

I read that post and this is my opinion:

* The github tracker will be easy to use for any developer (same as
lighthouse), both are better than pivotal.
* The relation between tickets and commits that is on github could
help developers but confuse non-tech people.
* I used test accounts on lighthouse and github, and both seam to have
restrictions in which what a non-member can do (in both non-members
can add/edit tickets with a title and a description; in lighthouse
they can also upload attachments, in both they can not add tags or
assign tickets to users and milestones; at github non-members can
reply to comments by email; and both trackers do not allow the
creation of new tickets by email).
* All the other features (for members and non-members) have
equivalents on both trackers.
* I will not recommend moving in the near future because we should
first get the opinion from the community (non-tech and tech people),
and because it will be better to schedule such a move at a point in
which we can take the necessary time to move tickets from one tracker
to the other (we have 99 open tickets at the moment and more to come)
and the goal to have our 1.0 release in Jul 18th.
* If someone wants to get feedback from the community I will recommend
to send an email using "relations with commits in github",
"attachments for non-members in lighthouse", and "reply to comments by
email in github" as the main comparison points.

--
Thanks,
    Zuzel